2010 Feb 23 10:56

[vox] The real problem with Toyota acceleration!

[vox] The real problem with Toyota acceleration!

I couldn't help entertaining myself with the following. What if Toyota
was using an 8-bit micro controller, and they were using a signed value
to track the position of the accelerator? You press more and it adds to
a vector. The problem strangely started occuring when Toyota started
taking out the throttle cable on their vehicles. I own two Toyotas. One
with a throttle cable, the other without (uses a sensor to detect
throttle position).

Question is?

What is 127 + 1

Answer

-128

Ha! Ha! Maybe not so funny for the guy driving the car.

Sorry, I just had to share. ;-)

If only they had used SPARK/ADA!
http://libre.adacore.com/libre/tools/spark-gpl-edition/

#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
    char foo;

    foo = 127;
    printf("The value is %d\n", (char)(foo + 1) );
}

brian
--
Brian Lavender