2010 Feb 24 05:33

[vox] What Amazon doesn't tell you

What Amazon doesn't tell you is the security of the hypervisor. If
anything, I would think that their infrastructure should be open to
audit to verify that it is secure. I have not seen any mention of this.
They quietly step around this.

If someone jacks up the hypervisor, they can walk through your pages in
memory, get your password hashes, run jack the ripper and well... the
rest is history.

Correct me if I am mistaken.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"About 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but people don't
pay for the software. Someday they will, though. As long as they are going
to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and
then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

-- Bill Gates (Microsoft) 1998