2010 Feb 11 14:37

[vox] [OT] Atari Party scheduled - March 14th in Davis

[vox] [OT] Atari Party scheduled - March 14th in Davis

Thanks again for everyone's feedback on the Atari Party a while back.
I've scaled back a little, and received some generous donations from
a few people to cover most of the costs.

The event is scheduled!  On Sunday, March 14th from 12pm-8pm
we'll have about 30 or so video game consoles and classic computers
hooked up, with 500 games (300 titles to choose from) for the
public to come and play, for free.

We'll also be screening two films during the event: a documentary film
made by a programmer who worked at Atari back in the early 1980s
called "Once Upon Atari", and the Disney live action / 3D graphics
movie from 1982, "Tron".  (It will be a rather humble viewing
arrangement, brought to you by LUGOD's own video projector.)

There'll also be a prize raffle some time during the event.
I've received a collection of retro-gaming and modern game
programming books from O'Reilly Media, three $100 gift certificates
from ThinkGeek.com, and have been promised a set of retro-Atari-style
USB joysticks from Legacy Engineering.

It'll be at the Redwood Park Community Building,
1001 Anderson Rd here in Davis.  For details (and the huge list
of games to expect), see:

  http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/

Thanks again, and I'll quit talking about it here now. :)
(But feel free to help spread the word!!!)

Sent from my computer