2010 Feb 10 12:51

[vox] BIL Ride Today/morrow LA Feb 10-12-14GNU(Linux)/FreedomSWHWCulture VOIP BerkeleyTIP

[vox] BIL Ride Today/morrow LA Feb 10-12-14GNU(Linux)/FreedomSWHWCulture VOIP BerkeleyTIP

BIL is the unconference companion to TED, independently produced, this
Fri-Sun Feb 12-14 in Los Angeles (Long Beach). (Starts Friday 10AM.)
http://2010.bilconference.com
http://bilconference.com

I'm gonna try to go, lead a session about Howto have global voice
meetings, one about GNU(Linux), maybe have an informal installfest.

Maybe you'd like to join the installfest, & help bring GNU(Linux) to the
BIL crowd.  Maybe you'd like to listen to a talk.  Maybe you'd like to
present a talk.

If you're interested in going, would like to save a little money & time,
wouldn't mind contributing to gas & expenses, & would like a ride,
leaving later today likely (Wednesday), or perhaps early tomorrow,
Thursday, from the San Fran bay area, email me with your phone # & maybe
we can arrange something.

==
There are 2 _opportunities_:
1) learn & spend time with similar minded people by attending other
people's presentations/talks/discussions,
2) learn & spend time with similar minded people by creating your own
presentations/talks/discussions.

Cost for BIL: $20 total for 3 days, or free if you volunteer.

You'll need: money for food, spare clean clothes, maybe a sleeping bag
or blanket, & a computer would be rather useful.

===
New info about speakers & talks, from the website.
"BIL Speaking Spaces
There are three talk formats for BIL this year, the Fire Hose, JIL, and
the Open Culture Space. The Fire Hose consists of 20 minutes talks, with
no Q&A and strictly enforced time limits. JIL is a set of talks curated
for a feminine perspective. Open Culture is a Flexible time format. A
number of spaces will be available for breakouts and socializing. The
talks are being held at the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach,
CA. 628 Alamitos Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90802 http://www.molaa.org/";
http://2010.bilconference.com/

http://2010.bilconference.com/2010/02/bilxoutside/
"BIL has been growing, and we’re transitioning away from keeping
everyone in one room the whole time to encouraging people to strike out
in small groups for adventures and exploration in the nearby community.
This isn’t being organized centrally, but this page and SideWiki are
going to be an area for people to organize themselves."

Info about the BIL mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/bil-conference
to come together and share them. Our event is self-organizing, emergent,
and anarchic. Nobody is in charge. If you want to come just show up. If
you've got an idea to spread start talking. If someone is saying
something good, stop and listen"