2010 Jan 30 12:00

[vox] USENIX LISA '10 Call for Participation Now Available

[vox] USENIX LISA '10 Call for Participation Now Available

On behalf of the Program Committe, I would like to invite you to
contribute refereed papers, experience reports, and proposals for
invited talks and workshops to the 24th Large Installation System
Administration Conference (LISA '10). We're also looking for any ideas
you have for Guru Is In sessions, Work-in-Progress Reports, posters, and
training sessions.

The theme for LISA '10 is "Share your experiences, both real-world and
in research."

The Call for Participation with submission guidelines and sample topics
can be found on the USENIX Web site at:

http://www.usenix.org/lisa10/cfpa

The annual LISA conference is the meeting place of choice for system and
network administrators and engineers. The conference serves as a venue
for a lively, diverse, and rich mix of technologists of all specialties
and levels of expertise. LISA is the place to exchange ideas, sharpen
old and new skills, learn new techniques, debate current and
controversial issues, and meet industry gurus, colleagues, and friends.

The conference's diverse group of participants are matched by an equally
broad spectrum of activities:

* NEW! LISA '10 will now include practice and experience reports. These
reports will offer valuable insight into completed projects in system
administration.

* A training program offering state-of-the-art tutorials from top
experts in their fields. Topics cover every level from introductory to
highly advanced.

* Refereed papers explore techniques, tools, theory, and case histories
that extend our understanding of system and network administration.

* Workshops, invited talks, and panels discuss important and timely
topics in depth and typically include lively and/or controversial
debates and audience interaction.

* Work-in-Progress Reports (WiPs) and poster sessions provide brief
looks ahead to next year's innovations.

GET INVOLVED!
* Share your results with a practice and experience report.
* Submit a paper.
* Propose a tutorial topic.
* Suggest an invited talk or panel discussion.
* Share your experience by leading a Guru Is In session.
* Create and lead a workshop.
* Present a Work-in-Progress Report (WiP) or submit a poster.
* Organize a Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) session.
* Email an idea to the program chair: lisa10ideas@usenix.org

LISA '10 takes place November 7-12, 2010, San Jose, CA.

We look forward to hearing from you!

On behalf of the LISA '10 Organizers,

Rudi van Drunen, Competa IT and Xlexit Technology, The Netherlands
LISA '10 Program Chair
lisa10chair@usenix.org

IMPORTANT DATES
Extended abstracts, experience reports, and proposals for invited talks,
workshops, and tutorials due: May 17, 2010
Notification to all submitters: July 1, 2010
Final papers and reports due: August 24, 2010
Poster proposals due: September 17, 2010
Notification to poster presenters: September 24, 2010
Submission guidelines and more information can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/lisa10/cfpa