2010 Jan 28 20:48

[vox] OT: Atari Party 2010 (Was re: Semi-OT: LUGOD 'sponsorship' ofan event?)

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:00:58AM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> No objection.

Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence, Brian.

BTW - I'm moving ahead on plans for this event.  Still need
to find a venue (maybe I can do it at Vet Mem Ctr, though
that'll be a bit expensive), and pick a date.

If anyone out here is interested in either (1) attending
and/or (2) helping out, email me off-list and I'll make sure
to keep you up-to-date on happenings.

I've already got 4 other people offering to bring systems
(one coming down from Medford, OR!), and permission to
screen a documentary video about the early 1980s consumer
division of Atari ("Once Upon Atari"); the creator, who also
worked at Atari back then (remember "E.T." or "Yar's Revenge"?),
might even make it out for the event! :)