2010 Jan 26 16:18

Re: [vox] Semi-OT: LUGOD 'sponsorship' of an event?

Re: [vox] Semi-OT: LUGOD 'sponsorship' of an event?

No objection.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 07:02:17PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I plan to do this again this spring...
> may I use the projector again?
>
> any objectoons?
>
> -bill!
>

> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 05:15:05PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> >
> > Vintage Computer Festival didn't happen in Mtn. View this past fall.
> > I've had a table at a number of the past few VCFs, with my
> > vintage Atari systems (8-bit computer, 2600 and Jaguar game systems and
> > Lynx handheld game systems).
> >
> > Since that event didn't happen, and now that I'm back in Davis, I'm planning
> > on putting together an "Atari Party".  For a few hours one weekend, I'll have
> > all my gear set up and inviting friends (and the public) to come geek out,
> > old-school style.
> >
> > As LUGOD president, and keeper-of-the-swag-box, I'm in possession of LUGOD's
> > projector.  The thought of throwing Star Raiders or Tempest 2000 up on a
> > projection screen is quite exciting. (Did I mention I'm a geek?)
> >
> > Does anyone here have any objection to my borrowing the club's projector
> > for this event?  (I would, of course, list LUGOD as a sponsor of this event,
> > in return for the favor.)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -bill!

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"About 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but people don't
pay for the software. Someday they will, though. As long as they are going
to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and
then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

-- Bill Gates (Microsoft) 1998