2010 Jan 18 23:40

[vox] CampKDE Jan 15-18 Ride Share SanDiego, VOIP; BerkeleyTIP

[vox] CampKDE Jan 15-18 Ride Share SanDiego, VOIP; BerkeleyTIP

Ride share to CampKDE this Friday, back Monday, from the San Francisco
Bay Area:  If you'd like to go to CampKDE, & would be interested in
sharing gas/expenses, email me & we'll see if this can be arranged.
http://camp.kde.org/

=====
Attend CampKDE Jan 15-18 via Voice over Internet (VOIP)

This weekend is CampKDE in San Diego.  For those who would like to
participate, but can't physically attend, the BerkeleyTIP group will
(unofficially, as a public service) provide assistance to everyone who
would like to communicate via voice about &/or with the conference, &
other KDE community members.

Join #berkeleytip on irc.freenode.net, & we will do our best (depending
on availability of BTIP people) to help people get on VOIP in order to
talk about KDE, or whatever.

You are also invited to join the BerkeleyTIP mailing list, & ask any
help or other questions there.
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

Here's the announcement there:
CampKDE Jan 15-18 SanDiego, VOIP & Ride Share; BerkeleyTIP
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal/t/53cbf00b987b66e0

I'll be announcing this on some KDE related mailing lists.

When (if) I get time, I'll locate the CampKDE organizers, & email them
telling them BTIP is helping KDE community members with this
unofficially, & asking them if they'd like to try to do something
officially in arranging global VOIP for the KDE community interested in
CampKDE.

Here is the VOIP HowTo page for BerkeleyTIP:
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

There are 2 ways to join the VOIP conference: 1) Computer VOIP globally
using a sw client & headset & mic, & 2) Dial in with land or cell phone
to a phone # in Washington state, USA (free, no $ money cost, if you
have free long distance phone service).