Re: [vox] Best Buy / Geek Squad told a customer installing Linuxvoids warranty

Gandalf Parker wrote:
> I guess I couldnt hold it against them for that. It would be hard to have
> a standard set of ops for their fixers if people could make changes as
> basic as the OS.

That is generally the reasoning; from a purely financial position, it
helps to define a scope (if for no other reason than to limit liability,
let alone having clear parameters for required skills and services
rendered).
> But to claim that Linux broke the machine?
> That person should lose his geek title!

He should be beaten with a PDP-11 about the head.

Joseph Arruda
http://josepharruda.com