January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox] Best Buy / Geek Squad told a customer installing Linuxvoids warranty

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Darth Borehd wrote:

> I can confirm that I was told this as well.  In fact installing ANY
> operating system, even another windows one, voids the Best Buy warranty.
> Their computers do not come with reinstall disks but most have a hidden
> partition to re-image the main partition back to the factory installed OS.

I guess I couldnt hold it against them for that. It would be hard to have
a standard set of ops for their fixers if people could make changes as
basic as the OS.

But to claim that Linux broke the machine?
That person should lose his geek title!

Gandalf  Parker