[vox] FWD: [Dec 16: Talk/Social - Open Source Geospatial Foundation]

[vox] FWD: [Dec 16: Talk/Social - Open Source Geospatial Foundation]

Sorry for the last posting to LUGOD. Hopefully of few of you either
interested in Geospatial or the FOSS movement will have a chance to join us.
-------

On Wednesday, December 16th:

Tyler Mitchell, Executive Director of the Open Source Geospatial
Foundation(OSGeo) will be visiting Davis (and author of "Web Mapping
Illustrated", O'Reilly Media 2005). The foundation is the central
organization for many free and open source software projects related to
geospatial: Quantum GIS, PostGIS, Mapserver, Geoserver, OpenLayers, GDAL...
http://www.osgeo.org

We will be hosting a short talk/discussion
4pm in 2120J Wickson Hall, UC Davis

Followed by an extended meet & greet
5:15pm at Delta of Venus (Guaranteed till 6:15pm)
http://daviswiki.org/Delta_of_Venus

Please feel free to join us,
Alex Mandel

Geography Graduate Group