2009 Nov 20 14:27

Re: [vox] LUGOD meeting attendance and new-user signups

Norm Matloff wrote:

> That said, though, I believe there is a great untapped market among UCD
> CS majors.

I second that. It's also sad how little many students know about the
philosophy of free software. When we talked about various open-source
licenses and specifically the GPL in the ethics class (ECS 188), almost
no students had any familiarity with or awareness of the topic. Quite
shocking.

Till