January 6: Social gathering
2009 Nov 11 16:48

[vox] [fwd] Ubuntu Karmic Koala Release Party Tomorrow Nov 12 in SF

----- Forwarded message from Grant Bowman -----

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:03:56 -0800
From: Grant Bowman
Subject: [PenLUG] Ubuntu Karmic Koala Release Party Tomorrow Nov 12 in SF

All are invited to the official San Francisco release party for Karmic
Koala, the latest release of Ubuntu Linux, tomorrow (Thursday November
12) at the DNA Lounge in SoMa, in conjunction with the SF leg of the
Data Beez West Coast Chip Tunes Tour.  We're hosting an Installfest
starting at 7 (bring your laptop, get Linux), with performances
starting at 8 from chip tune musicians of 8BITPEOPLES and MP3DEATH
including CRASHFASTER, MINUS BABY, STARPAUSE, and TRASH80, plus
visuals from PARIS, DANIEL REHN, and JYK as FX6EX6. Also in attendance
will be special guests Orb SWARM, a large-scale kinetic art project
running on Linux.

Admission to the show is FREE before 8 for all Installfest
participants & volunteers; just bring a laptop or email
KoalaVolunteers@gmail.com. Regular admission is $7 advance, $12 door.

http://modernhacker.com/shows
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4880678

----- End forwarded message -----