2009 Oct 29 12:00

[vox] [Semi-OT] Desktop PC for sale - $75

[vox] [Semi-OT] Desktop PC for sale - $75

So the last time I posted about computers I was getting rid of,
one fellow took my free one and salvaged parts to bring two PCs back to
life.  Yay! :)

On the other hand, the one I was trying to _sell_ is still sitting here
on my counter.  I haven't put much effort (e.g., Craigslist or eBay)
in selling it, but at the same time I'm sick of it sitting on my counter.

So here we go again.  This time for a mere $75. :)

GQ desktop PC

* Specs:
  Black case with sliding side panel

  1.5GHz Sempron 2200+ CPU
  1GB RAM

  WDC WD1200JB 7200rpm 120GB hard drive [has some bad sectors]
  WDC WD3200JB 7200rpm 320GB hard drive [has some bad sectors]
  Sony DVD R/W drive
  Floppy drive

  SiS Real256E graphics (built-in)
  nVidia something? (on the AGP slot) (has HDMI, VGA and S-Video out)
  Some kind of sound (built-in)

  Serial port
  PS/2 mouse/keyboard ports
  4 USB ports
  Parallel printer port

  Some kind of 10/100 ethernet (built-in)
  Some kind of modem (on a card)

* Plus
  Black Dell keyboard
  Power cable
  NO MOUSE
  NO MONITOR

* Wiped HDDs and installed Kubuntu Linux 9.04 ( http://www.kubuntu.org/ ).
  Home-burned Kubuntu live/installer CD included.

* I highly recommend KDE upgraded to 4.3, via the following package source:
  deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu jaunty main

Email me off-list if you'd like it.

Sent from my computer