2009 Oct 09 16:07

[vox] [fwd] Open house for a Linux-powered public school nextSaturday Oct 17 noon to 3 pm! [SF]

----- Forwarded message from Christian Einfeldt -----

Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:46:58 -0700
From: Christian Einfeldt
Subject: [BALUG-Talk] Open house for a Linux-powered public school next
	Saturday Oct 17 noon to 3 pm!

   Hi,

   There will be an open house of one of the Linux-powered public schools in
   San Francisco's Western Addition next Saturday, October 17, from noon to 3
   pm.  You will be able to come and see our Linux LDAP lab and find out
   about how we (Partimus.org) are doing Linux out-reach to staff, students,
   and the students' parents to increase the visibility of Linux in this
   community.  If you like messing with Linux computers (either software or
   hardware) or if you are interested in helping maintain our server(s), we
   would be glad to show you what we are doing.

   Please call Christian Einfeldt when you arrive at 415-351-1300, so that
   someone can let you into the school.

   The school is located a the corner of Turk and Pierce streets in San
   Francisco.  There is free parking for about 20 cars, but we encourage
   people to take public transit.  The entrance to the parking lot is is on
   the north side of Golden Gate, about 50 yards from Pierce Street, between
   Scott and Pierce.  Golden Gate is a one-way street between Scott and
   Pierce, and so you will need to approach the school from Golden Gate and
   Scott Street.  The campus is large and confusing and there are two
   buildings, so you won't be able to find your way by yourself, and the
   school is behind locked gates 24/7, so you will need to call Christian
   Einfeldt when you arrive to get in.

   The school is served by bus stops at Pierce and Eddy (the 31 Balboa) and
   at McAllister and Pierce (the 5 Fulton).   The 38 Geary bus has near-by
   stops at Fillmore & Geary and at Scott and Geary, and the 24 Divisadero is
   two blocks away, as is the 22 Fillmore.

   We are not publishing the name of the school so as to avoid phone calls to
   the school, so if you google the school, please don't call the school.
   This out-reach is a project of Partimus.org, a non-profit dedicated to
   bringing Free Open Source Software to schools.

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer