2009 Oct 08 15:50

Re: [vox] FS: PlayStation 2

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 03:26:08PM -0700, Darth Borehd wrote:
>    Just a tip:  The drive in Playstation 2 and 3 have been well documented to
>    be sub-standard quality and not made for the continuous spin that DVD
>    movies put on them,  I very much recommend against watching movies on any
>    Playstation console.

Well, ours worked well enough for about 9 years. :)  Also, these days
we've got the streaming Netflix, so the majority of what we watch is
coming over Wifi and not on archaic optical media.

But... good to know, I guess.  (I'm just glad noone told me that back
when I got the PS2.  Original-PSX compatibility and DVD playback were the
two major points in convincing Melissa we needed one. :) )