2009 Oct 08 10:49

[vox] LUGOFF Update!

LUGOFF (Linux User Group of Fairfield) update.

Although I was not able to attend the LUGOD meeting on Tuesday, I did check on the requirements for starting a club on campus. All that is needed to officially start a club on campus is a college advisor that works on campus and 10 current Solano Community College students. I already have an advisor lined up. Meeting space and certain equipment (chairs, tables, and other college faculties {even a popcorn machine!}) should be provided for free during meetings and on campus fund raisers (however there are apparently some restrictions that I will have to check on).

Sadly, the last date to submit forms for a school club has passed for the Fall 2009 semester; however, I plan to hand in the forms around Jan 20, 2010 so the club can start and hold it's first meeting in the upcoming year.

I am currently working on gathering, at least, 10 current college students. I have also started a facebook group for the LUGOFF (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151784043577&ref=nf), and the college advisor has domain reserved for the LUGOFF webpage at (http://www.lugoff.org/). I am also going to check about how much it would cost to spamdvertise in the college newspaper.

I hope that the LUGOD and the new (redefined) LUGOFF can work together to share information and continue to grow.

Daniel Ramon
dan.ramon@rocketmail.com
707-514-8380