2009 Sep 30 13:12

[vox] [fwd] [SVLUG] Meeting Oct 7th: Firewall Builder [no longerDJ'ing!]

The speaker/topic for next week's SVLUG (which we mentioned at LUGOD's
last meeting) has changed.  So, FYI...

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Fife -----

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:58:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andrew Fife
Subject: [svlug-announce] Meeting Oct 7th: Firewall Builder

[1] General Meeting October 7th - SPEAKER CHANGE "Firewall Builder"
[2] President / VP Elections (Dec)
[3] Upcoming Events (Sept - Dec)

========================
General Meeting Oct. 7th
========================

Please note that the October General Meeting speaker has changed.  We are hoping to reschedule Jordan Gray's talk for later in the year or early 2010.  Many thanks to Vadim Kurland for agreeing to speak on such short notice!

Firewall Builder
------------------------
Firewall Builder is a GUI firewall configuration and management tool that helps both network administrators and hobbyists carry out policy-based management tasks considerably more sophisticated than are possible by simple Web-based tools. It is cross-platform and vendor-neutral.

SPEAKER BIO
------------------------
In addition to being author of Firewall Builder starting in 1999, Vadim Kurland is a longtime network engineer for various Silicon Valley companies. Before that, he worked in software development and ISP operations. He is currently "Network Engineer, Network Tools" at Google, Inc. and owner of Netcitadel, LLC.

========================
President / VP Elections
========================

The current President & Vice President terms are coming to an end and we will hold an election at the beginning of the December General Meeting on 12/2/09.  Please mark your calendars if you wish to vote or stand for either position.

========================
Upcoming SVLUG Events
========================

October 7th:
"Firewall Builder" by Vadim Kurland

October 17th:
Installfest @ Evergreen Valley College

November 4th:
"SCST, a SCSI Target Framework for Linux" by Richard Sharpe

November 21st:
Installfest @ Evergreen Valley College

December 2nd:
Speaker TBD