2009 Sep 22 07:24

[vox] Bring laptop & Headset to Monday mtg if want to tryconfiguring VOIP - BerkeleyTIP

[vox] Bring laptop & Headset to Monday mtg if want to tryconfiguring VOIP - BerkeleyTIP

Hi LUGODers,

If you are intersted in getting some help/advice on how to get your laptop configured for voip like used at BTIP, you might want to dl a voip client listed here,
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

& install it, & get a voip headset & bring it to the meeting monday night.

(Our current recommended voip clients are:
Ekiga -  Easiest to use?  But, maybe blocked by NAT or firewalls
Zopier - Less blocked by NAT, but closed source,
SPLPhone - Best internal design, less blocked by NAT, not much BTIP use yet)

I can try to answer questions anyone has.

I guess you don't have an inet connection available to you at the meeting location?