2009 Sep 21 10:38

[vox] Pages to dl & bring to the meeting for display,& voice hw speaker preparation - Re: Invitation to speak aboutBerkeleyTIP at LUGOD (Mon Sept 21st?)

[vox] Pages to dl & bring to the meeting for display,& voice hw speaker preparation - Re: Invitation to speak aboutBerkeleyTIP at LUGOD (Mon Sept 21st?)

Bill - I'm replyting to this email cause I cn't quickly find the one where you said you created your slides.

I just dl'd the slides you made for my talk, & they look really beautiful/professional! :)  Thanks, great job!

Now, as I mentioned in one of my previous messages, it you want to do slides, that's fine with me. ;)  But, there are some things I think would be better as full html pages - in particular the voip howto page (virtual attendance).  The slide you have of that page doesn't get much detail, & I think the detail would be much better for the audience to look at, as I explain things or answer questions.

I just updated that page about a day ago, so my suggestion would be to download it as close as you can to before my talk (like,  if you don't have inet access at the meeeting location).  That way you'll have the latest info, in case it gets updated after right now.

http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

Additionally, I'd suggest you dl this if you can & bring it to show the meeting:
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0bbvQbC80moYjYzOTUyN2ItYzgzZS00OGM4LTkyMzAtMmM4YzA5MDhkNGI4&hl=en

it is a great voip configuration howto created by a btip member.  It has some great screenshots.

(I havent tried, & dont know if it's possible to dl that google doc, or howto.)

==
We had a great BTIP meeting today, with a couple new student attendees here at UCB (I'm writing you now from the Free Speech Cafe where we have our meetings.)

How's the hardware & networking preparation coming for tomorrows virtual talk by me?  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, or if you want to try a test of your speaker system. :)