January 6: Social gathering
2009 Sep 21 10:38

[vox] Slides for Mon Sept 21 LUGOD meeting

[vox] Slides for Mon Sept 21 LUGOD meeting

We can use these web pages as slides.  They cover many of the important aspects of BTIP that I'll talk about.:

Main website:

Mailing lists: the way to stay in touch
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/mailing-lists
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

Videos to watch befoe the meeting, & discuss at the meeting - Educational
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/talk-videos

How to get connected, especially VOIP info
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

Topics by time throughout the day, & list of meeting days:
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/schedule

Info about setting up local meetings, especially encouraging at college campus locations - like a wifi cafe.
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/local-meetings

GRAPHICS!!! :)  [Hey, put this in TuxPaint. ;)  ]  Be sure the earth image from satellite is on!
Potential meeting locations - Look! I added UC Davis! ;)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102304400898166709923.0004685971c4ead7062ed&t=k&z=5

Note: We welcome volunteers!  Especially important right now is someone who'd like to assist in helping me locate & select the monthly videos.

Another important task is helping set up & manage local simultaneous weekend meetings (1st Sat, 3rd Sun) at local college campuses. :)

LUGOD members:  Get a VOIP headset & join the global Linux, Free SW HW & Culture meeting, BTIP, this Sunday, 12N - 3P.  You can join from your home, or get a group together. :)