2009 Sep 11 12:20

Re: [vox] Dell Mini 9 back for just a bit at 240 bucks

Re: [vox] Dell Mini 9 back for just a bit at 240 bucks

> It's amazing how successful the netbook concept has become.  One
>  can now buy netbooks at Target (not one but 3 different brands,
>  Asus, HP, Acer), and believe it or not, Toys 'R Us actually sells
>  a Disney edition of the Acer.
>
> Norm

Yes.  Having a chat with some friends over in Oz. They say to me that
the entire desktop market seems to have changed due to the netbook.
That and the fact that there's a lot of netbook software out there.
Other than winduhs XP.  You can even put BSD versions into the
netbook.

I was going to buy a Dell mini recently but in the end went for the
EeePC 1005HA which is also excellent .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fCjoob_BE

Still got my old 701 which just rocks :)

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk