2009 Sep 10 04:37

Re: [vox] Venue for our anniversary meeting

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 01:28:10AM -0700, Bill Broadley wrote:
> http://daviswiki.org/Veterans_Memorial_Center

Sounds good.

> I've been to events there that included food, they have a room for
> 120 people, and seem reasonably friendly towards various community
> events.  It's $20 an hour (assuming mon/tue) in the 65 and 120
> people capacity rooms.  Looks like only the larger allows food
> though.

Details are here:
  http://cityofdavis.org/cs/facility/details.cfm?id=C07681D2-9C8B-44C5-920EA7D91CACAE61&type=facility

Fee chart is here:
  http://cityofdavis.org/cs/facility/pdfs/fees-vmc-09-10.pdf

So I'm thinking Club Room (100 seated capacity; 86 with tables).
There's a $200 deposit, and, as you noted, on a Monday it's $20/hr.
(So it'd cost about $60 for the room, assuming 6:30pm-9:30pm for
a 7-9pm meeting, with 1/2hr setup/breakdown on either end.)

This is assuming LUGOD is considered a Community Group... which we aren't...
yet.

I just called, and as of today (2009-Sept-09) it's available
for rental on our anniversary meeting date (2010-Jan-18).
They're emailing me a form to fill out so we can register as a community
group.  (Need our non-profit tax ID, etc. -- doesn't cost anything, though.)

So are people ok with us spending $60  (plus the $200 deposit, which
I assume will be refunded 100%, assuming we don't wreck the place) for
the venue for our anniversary meeting?

We currently have ~$1000 in our bank account.  (We just paid for our new
PO Box.)

> No idea on wifi access though.

Not a deal-breaker.

Thanks!