January 6: Social gathering
2009 Aug 16 16:13

Re: [vox] [fwd] The Death of Linuxworld

> BTW, what is the difference
> between GPL and FSF?

GPL is the General Public Licenc(s)e....

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html

The most successful software licence in the history of software.
The FSF is over in Boston.  Been there a few times.  It's also an
international body.  For example....

http://www.fsfe.org/

This serves as an educational body which teaches the general public
and Government bodies and commercial organisations at an international
level about software licences.  Many millions of people have finally
achieved a higher state of nirvana though being exposed to the GPL
versions 1, 2 and 3.   Many more who work for Microsoft or SCO have
yet to get there.

Zoon vee conquer ze vorld Hiemee !! ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYvldOuZ6_k&feature=related

--
Richard