2009 Aug 16 16:06

Re: [vox] [fwd] The Death of Linuxworld

Thank you all for your inputs!
I am still learning this stuff.
Onward I go!
BTW, what is the difference
between GPL and FSF?
I sorta get GPL but, FSF is a new one for me.
Namaste'
Scot

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Chris Evans <teknopup@lycos.com> wrote:
Yeah, and when the cretins
become support experts on your
source and binaries, then you
are rubbed out of the running.

DO NOT SUPPORT THE GPL.

It is a silly written document.

Switch to the Berkley license.

Support your local FSF authors!

The expectation of high quality
for free... that is the problem
of their perceptions. And yes,
I do need to read my C++ book
more often.

Subject : Re: [vox] [fwd] The Death of Linuxworld

Date : Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:31:51 -0700

From : Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 11:50:15AM -0700, Joseph Arruda wrote:

> Actually, Linux will survive just fine as long as someone needs it for

> something.

Linux (free & open source in general) is like pizza. Even if XYZ company

goes under (be it Red Hat or Roundtable, or Debian or Village Bakery),

the source code / recipe is still there. All you need is a computer

or ingredients and an oven.

Worst version of my pizza/linux analogy ever. Sorry. :) I'm technically

on vacation right now, and shouldn't be on the laptop. ;)

--chris Phone #: 916-410-7677
chris.123stones.com
axiomfinity