2009 Aug 16 15:51

Re: [vox] [fwd] The Death of Linuxworld

Yeah, and when the cretins
become support experts on your
source and binaries, then you
are rubbed out of the running.

DO NOT SUPPORT THE GPL.

It is a silly written document.

Switch to the Berkley license.

Support your local FSF authors!

The expectation of high quality
for free... that is the problem
of their perceptions. And yes,
I do need to read my C++ book
more often.

Subject : Re: [vox] [fwd] The Death of Linuxworld

Date : Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:31:51 -0700

From : Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 11:50:15AM -0700, Joseph Arruda wrote:

> Actually, Linux will survive just fine as long as someone needs it for

> something.

Linux (free & open source in general) is like pizza. Even if XYZ company

goes under (be it Red Hat or Roundtable, or Debian or Village Bakery),

the source code / recipe is still there. All you need is a computer

or ingredients and an oven.

Worst version of my pizza/linux analogy ever. Sorry. :) I'm technically

on vacation right now, and shouldn't be on the laptop. ;)

--chris Phone #: 916-410-7677
chris.123stones.com
axiomfinity