2009 Aug 12 12:21

[vox] [fwd] :: Tell Big LAMP Camp about your cool code :: SeekingEnterprise LAMP case studies ::

FYI

----- Forwarded message from Betsy Jones -----

Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:20:15 -0500
From: Betsy Jones
Subject: :: Tell Big LAMP Camp about your cool code  ::  Seeking Enterprise LAMP case studies  ::

   Greetings from the Nashville Enterprise LAMP community!

   We're planning an Enterprise LAMP Summit for CTOs (Nov. 5-6) and a Big
   LAMP Camp for developers (Nov. 7) and would like ask your help in tapping
   into the bleeding-edge open source initiatives in your community for case
   studies for Big LAMP Camp.  In particular, we are interested in:

   v      Innovative uses of emerging open source technologies in the
   enterprise (large or mid-sized companies)

   v      Reports about large companies that have completed a transition from
   closed source software to any part of LAMP

   v      Overviews of packages you maintain or contribute to

   v      Cloud and mobile applications using open source technology

   v      How you are leveraging Web 2.0 systems (Facebook, GData, Twitter,
   e.g.) with OSS to make powerful applications

   If you know of companies in your region doing these sorts of initiatives,
   we would welcome an introduction. And if you're doing this cool stuff
   yourself, please tell us!  Please share this query with your user group
   members and colleagues, too.

   Case studies need not be presentation-ready to be considered, and we can
   offer some technical direction to companies or developers who would like
   to write case studies for consideration.

   Background

   The Enterprise LAMP Summit will focus attention on the emerging readiness
   for enterprise use of the LAMP stack and associated open source
   Internet-enabled operating systems, internet application servers, database
   systems and Internet-focused programming languages.

   We are very pleased to confirm as speakers:

   v      Lee Congdon, CIO of Red Hat IS;

   v      Andi Gutmans, CEO at PHP leader Zend Technologies;

   v      r0ml (Robert Lefkowitz), thought leader, u:ber-CTO and VP
   of Asurion;

   v      William Hurley, Chief Architect of Open Source Strategy at BMC
   Software.

   Big LAMP Camp is expected to draw top 600 developers from across the U.S.
   to learn from innovative open source firms that will share their
   on-the-ground reports in an engaging multi-track event. Speakers will
   include Eli White of Zend Developer Zone and Jonathan Wage of Sensio Labs.

   Intrigued? More info @ www.EnterpriseLAMP.org.

   Thanks!  We look forward to hearing your LAMP success stories.

   Betsy Jones

   Enterprise LAMP Summit & Big LAMP Camp

   Thought leadership initiatives of Remarkable Wit, LLC

   www.EnterpriseLAMP.org

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer