2009 Jul 15 11:20

[vox] What does 'sys' do? (Was re: Venues for upcoming LUGODmeetings - Settled!)

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Yay! What's my duty as sys anyway? Do I need to poach speakers from
> SacLUG to speak at Davis? ;-)

Good question! ;)

  http://lugod.org/objectives/bylaws.html

     ii: sys (Vice Chair) does all the stuff that keeps LUGOD running.  The
        duties of sys shall include:
         a: Making preparations for the meeting, including coordinating the
            advertising, reservations, setup of any necessary equipment, and
            with the guest speakers.
         b: To take over the duties of any officers that may be absent, or
            to arrange for someone else to.

So, really, to do a lot of the stuff I've been doing for a very long time.

I encourage all of the current officers to re-read the bylaws.  We may want
to adjust them to more closely match how we _actually_ run things, these
days.

I have this annoying tendency to try and just 'do it all myself.'
Sorry about that.  (Force of habit, for those times when we've had less
than a full deck of officers?)

Oh - and back in the day, ALL of the officers sat at the front of the
meeting, and didn't leave the poor president up there all by his/her lonesome.
:^P