2009 Jun 30 17:10

[vox] [fwd] VCF Archives: Just a few more days of helping handsneeded...

The Vintage Computer Festival archives still needs help moving.
For folks who'd like to travel to Livermore or Stockton to help
load or unload, respectively, see below:

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Sellam Ismail <sellam@vintagetech.com> -----

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:04:29 -0700
From: sellam@vintagetech.com (Sellam Ismail)
Subject: VCF Archives: Just a few more days of helping hands needed...
To: bill@newbreedsoftware.com

Dear Friends of VCF,

I am still moving.  This is into the sixth week now.  Never in my
wildest nightmares did I anticipate this thing dragging out as long
as it has.

I'll keep it short and simple: I still need help moving through the
end of this week.  There's a deadline in there by which time I'm
supposed to be out, but truth be told deadlines have no meaning for
me at this point.  I just want to be done.  The sooner the better.
My estimates of how much longer this will take have been laughably
incompetent, so I won't say I need to be done by this Thursday
afternoon.  I *want* this to be done by Thursday afternoon.  Heck, I
want it to be done by the time I'm through writing this pathetic
missive.  But either way, it's only going to happen with just a little
bit more help from the VCF community.

The help received so far has been excellent.  This past weekend was
perhaps the most productive.  We had something like 8 volunteers on
Saturday and about 6 throughout the day on Sunday.  If I had days like
that everyday then I would've been long since done.  To get finished
this week, I would just need 2-3 people per day helping.  Won't you
come out for just an hour or two to lend a hand?  It would mean the
world to me, and your favor will be remembered, and more importantly,
returned.

Yes, now I'm begging.

Please contact me ASAP if you can come out to help, even if just for a
little bit, because every little bit counts in big ways.

Thanks!

Sellam Ismail
Schlepper (spent)
Vintage Computer Festival