2009 Jun 04 12:59

[vox] Fwd: Re: Breakdown of Tux Paint downloads

Shame on me for cross-posting. Albert's part of Tux Paint, but not LUGOD.
In any case, in case people were interested....

Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 03:23:56 -0400
From: Albert Cahalan
Subject: Re: [Tuxpaint-devel] [vox] Breakdown of Tux Paint downloads

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Wes Hardaker <wjhns156@hardakers.net> wrote:

> The problem with being included in a distribution, of course, is that
> you can't track usage very well.  I have multiple packages in multiple
> repositories (one package is included with every major OS but windows)
> and I really have no idea what the usage is because of it.  The
> distribution via the core software install mechanisms likely far exceeds
> downloads.  Or at least I assume it does.

Debian lets you track usage very very well, with pretty graphs
of usage changing over time. For example:

http://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=procps
http://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=libsnmp-base
http://qa.debian.org/popcon-graph.php?packages=tuxpaint

You can also get a graph of bugs over time, package stats,
and so on. Start in these 3 places and follow the links:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/tuxpaint
http://packages.debian.org/tuxpaint
http://bugs.debian.org/tuxpaint

----- End forwarded message -----