2009 May 29 19:44

Re: [vox] Breakdown of Tux Paint downloads

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Orson Jones <orsonjones@runbox.com> wrote:
Bill Ward wrote:
> I bet the majority of your Linux users use yum or apt-get to install
> it, so you'd need to get stats from the distro mirrors to get real
> numbers.  That's probably why your Windows numbers are such a large %

Here are Ubuntu stats. Note, they are the number of installed packages by people who opted in to the
package usage survey. There are certainly more who installed it, but aren't participating in the
package usage survey.

http://popcon.ubuntu.com/main/graphics/by_inst

Does Ubuntu ship with Tuxpaint?  I thought you would have to download the file to install it, and then there would be download hits (as opposed to usage survey) results for it.