2009 May 28 16:47

[vox] BerkeleyLUG Meeting This Sunday

*Reminder - BerkeleyLUG Meeting Sunday, May 31st (Prizes for First 2
Attendees)
*

*
Website:* http://www.berkeleylug.com

*
*

*Date*: Sunday, May 31st

*Time*: 12:00-3:00

*Location*: Bobby G’s Pizzeria (Beer / Soda / Pizza Sold and Free Wifi
Available) 2072 University Avenue

*Agenda:*

12:00-12:30: Meet and Greet. First three people get a prize (see below).

12:30 – 1:30: Introduce/Discuss goals of Organization. Discuss Group
projects.

    * Promote and spread desktop linux in East Bay area.

    * Tables at events like Solano Stroll or Sproul Plaza.

    * Development of desktop Linux. How can we as a group contribute?

    * Perform Modern Installfests

    * Create locally produced Desktop Linux News Blog and Podcast?

    * Future talks: ZaReason? High Performance Computing? Killer Apps?
      Desktop Mangers? Etc…

    * Organization of BerkeleyLUG discussion

1:30 – 2:00 – Create web accounts for new contributors. Anyone with
something cool related to desktop Linux to share, feel free.

*Prizes:*

First 2 people to show up: 10 Ubuntu Case Badges (Everyone else gets 1
case badge).

*RSVP*:

Please respond to *admin@berkeleylug.com* if you know you are planning
on attending and register for an account over at *www.berkeleylug.com
<http://www.berkeleylug.com/>* to get future emails.

Feel free to forward this email to anyone interested.