2009 May 25 12:35

Re: [vox] Meetings scheduled thru July - still need a venuestarting in June

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:19:18AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> The following meetings are scheduled with guest speakers:
<snip>
>   June 15 - "Cernio" (Graham Freeman; Davisites may recongize his name)
>   July 20 - "click2try" (Mark Smallwood, from their Santa Cruz office)
>
> More at:  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/
>

> We will no longer be able to meet at the Davis public library starting
> in June, so we'll need a new venue for June and beyond.  I'd like something
> stable, that we can meet at until library renovations are complete.
> (Or longer, if the venue is free and it works well for us and the venue!)

Alex has offered to help get us a room at UC Davis, which would be
reasonably suitable for summer (... when _is_ summer for UCD, again?)

I still need to talk to the Senior Center (where the Davis Mac Users Group
meets).  I believe they need to get an idea of how many of our meeting
attendees are seniors.  I guess that's something we can do.  (Hopefully
they don't require some limit, otherwise I think we'd have to decline...
we can't really _guarantee_ how many, or what kind of, people come to LUGOD
meetings!)

I'm still accepting other suggestions, since we haven't found a venue.

Thanks,

Sent from my computer