2009 Apr 30 03:09

[vox] [Fwd: LUG offer]: Press release: LibXL 2.0: High-PerformanceSolution for Reading and Writing Excel Files

This would've been useful to me a number of years ago when I was
working with nerdbooks and we were getting data in all sorts of
random Excel and CSV formats. :)  Passing it along, since htye're giving
folks a discount...

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Dmytro Skrypnyk <dmytro@libxl.com> -----

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:35:05 +0700
From: Dmytro Skrypnyk <dmytro@libxl.com>
Subject: Press release: LibXL 2.0: High-Performance Solution for Reading and Writing Excel Files
To: "Linux Users' Group of Davis" <root@lugod.org>

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm pleased to inform you and the members of Linux Users'' Group of Davis that XLware company releases LibXL 2.0.

The members of your group are invited to take advantage of special offer on the purchase of LibXL 2.0. So here is the discount coupon for 20% off: 5x890053af. This coupon is valid one month (until May, 29) - so this is a time-limited offer, hurry up to benefit from it.

I hope that you will inform other members of Linux Users'' Group of Davis about our product and believe that many of them will find it of great value.

Sincerely yours,
Dmytro Skrypnyk
XLware
______________________

April 29, 2009

Contact: Dmytro Skrypnyk
Company: XLware
E-mail: dmytro@libxl.com

LibXL 2.0: High-Performance Solution for Reading and Writing Excel Files

XLware has introduced version 2.0 of LibXL, a library for reading and writing Excel files. A smart solution for software developers, the library doesn't require Microsoft Excel, as it writes and reads Excel files directly. LibXL 2.0 has headers for C/C++ and assembly for .NET. The native dll is now also available in 64-bit version.

LibXL is designed to allow exporting and extracting data to and from Excel files quickly and easily. The library enables developers to generate a new spreadsheet from scratch, edit existing spreadsheet and extract data from it.

The key benefit of LibXL is its high performance. Native machine code enhances performance, giving you more productivity. Besides, the library allows a developer to avoid COM, saving time and effort, and provides abstract interface for C++ and plain C functions for other languages. The software employs header files and library files, thus ensuring ease of use and requiring no additional code. Unlike COM, LibXL is not registered with operating system, which makes it a perfect choice for portable applications development.

One more advantage of using LibXL is its full reliability. The library works correctly with large volumes of data, while using as little RAM as possible.

The list of LibXL features includes:

 -Support for C, C++, C# and other .NET languages;
 -Cell formatting (alignment, fonts, borders, etc.)
 -Font formatting (size, color, font type, underlining, etc)
 -Row height and column width setting
 -Print setup
 -Support for custom formats
 -Support for Unicode

We are glad to inform you that now LibXL runs also under Linux.

Pricing and Availability

LibXL requires 300 MHz CPU and at least 128 Mb RAM. Full version of LibXL costs $199.00 (US) for a single license. Licensed users are entitled to free technical support and upgrades free of charge for 12 months from the date of purchase. Further information on the product, as well as its free evaluation copy, is available from http://www.libxl.com/.

###

NOTE TO EDITORS: Please, let us know if you have questions or would like any additional information on LibXL. Contact Dmytro Skrypnyk at dmytro@libxl.com to get more information.

Product page link: http://www.libxl.com/
Download link: http://www.libxl.com/download.html