January 6: Social gathering
2009 Apr 22 11:34

Re: [vox] Why Ubuntu, Kubuntu?

Brian Lavender wrote:
> Actually, I see no reason to upgrade to 9.04 at the moment. I installed
> it on a spare drive on my Dell Inspiron 1420n and thus far, I see some
> flashy features, but nothing at the moment that would compel me to
> upgrade. For some reason, the dialogue boxes on OpenOffice 3.0 appeared
> a little funky. It might be due to me being the inept user, but I was
> just giving it a jab to see how things worked.
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 08:13:10PM -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:
>> On Tuesday 21 April 2009, Brian Lavender wrote:
>>> Only two more days until Jaunty comes out! My Dell Mini 9 with 8.04
>>> works great.
>> What will Jaunty do?
>>
>> (I'm sticking with Kubuntu 8.04 to avoid KDE 4.x.  Sorry bill!.)
>>
>> Bob

Official Packages of Open Office 3 sounds like a possible reason. I'm
sure the wireless drivers have gotten better too, and then of course all
the packages you might need that aren't going to be backported (not
really an issue if you compile everything yourself)

Since 8.10 actually the network-manager (gnome) has worked beautifully,
even on WPA2 which used to only be a dream. The only network that still
doesn't like me is the moobilenetx with it's corporate implementation of
WPA2.

Alex