January 6: Social gathering
2009 Apr 18 07:53

[vox] [Semi-OT] DRM-free icon? :)

So apparently folks are working on making some logos that help
explain to consumers what kind of DRM and licensing restrictions
there are for their content (games, music, movies, ebooks, etc.)

I skimmed the following PDF, looking for the icons:
  http://www.jhtl.org/docs/pdf/Aldrich_Article.pdf

I think we in the open source develoment community should
create a set of unlocked-padlock icons representing the
freedoms (and in some cases, restrictions) of licenses
we use. :)

Or, just in terms of DRM, a quick and obvious one would be
an unlocked padlock with "DRM Free" or "No DRM" or just
'DRM'-with-a-slash-through-it. :)

Sent from my computer