2009 Mar 18 10:27

[vox] IDC: Downturn to drive Linux adoption

[vox] IDC: Downturn to drive Linux adoption

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-279162.html?tag=nl.e589

Saw that whilst reading my daily barrage of email. It always seemed to
me that this country-wide re-evaluation of Linux was to come at some
point, I guess it's best that it happens when there is an economic issue
and lest Linux be good for the job, it's also cheaper. I hope this
economic pit will actually be a positive event for Linux and open source
in general, because it really has the potential to put ( OS: Free
Edition ) into a lot more hands than it would have normally, even if it
is just for evaluation.

--
Jacob Taylor
thermite.no-ip.info

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion.
You must set yourself on fire.
~Arnold H. Glasow