2009 Mar 17 12:03

Re: [vox] [vox-announce] New meeting location needed soon!

On Monday 16 March 2009, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:04:38PM -0700, Bob Scofield wrote:
> > > LUGOD meeting in Woodland would be silly, since many of us come
> > > from Davis (and some who come from west down 80 would need to travel
> > > 20 mins extra each way).
> >
> > Phooey.
>
> Heh. Sorry ;)  Once upon a time we talked about maybe having
> moving LUGOD meetings -- sometimes in Woodland, sometimes in Dixon,
> to kind of 'spread the Linux gospel'.  But that just sounds like
> a logistic nightmare, and extremely confusing for people trying
> to keep track of when and where meetings take place.
>
> OTOH, we had 4 folks come from Chico (2hr drive) for tonight's
> meeting. ;)  So who knows.

Bill you're out of date.  Woodland is perfect for the contemporary computer
enthusiast; *especially* those who have to drive the extra distance.  Think
about the extra clicking one has to do in Vista, Word 2007, and KDE 4.x.  Why
not do more than you have too?  It's the in thing to do.  Woodland fits.

Bob