2009 Feb 26 14:56

Re: [vox] ECC RAM failure data - jre

Depends if the RAM came from the lowest bidder or not. :D

Seriously, in my experience the most correctable ECC errors from from
flakey RAM.

Other than that I guess it comes down to comsmic rays. ;)

If you have a large quantity of RAM and care about system uptime or
corruption of data I'd go with ECC.