2009 Feb 25 17:15

Re: [vox] Fund-raiser possibility at Dos Coyotes

I'm in . I love Dos.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Kendrick" <nbs@sonic.net>
To: "LUGOD" <vox@lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:55:45 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [vox] Fund-raiser possibility at Dos Coyotes

I was at Dos Coyotes in South Davis last night and they had a pamphlet
regarding using Dos for fund-raising. It's similar to what Ben & Jerry's
does (did?) with ice cream -- we did it once as a benefit to the EFF, years
ago.

It works like this: you sign up to run a fund-raiser. 10% of each purchase
made during the fund-raiser goes to your organization. If I recall, they only
do it on Mondays and Tuesdays -- which is perfect: we hold our social gatherings
on Tuesdays.

So here's my idea. Sign up for a fund-raiser with Dos, to occur during one
of our social gathering meetings. Have the social at Dos (instead of Crepeville).
Everyone who attends the meeting tells the Dos staff that they're there for the
LUGOD fund-raiser, and we get a cut of the proceeds. (This benefits Dos because
they get that much more traffic.)

What do people think? Can you stand burritos and tacos instead of crepes,
now and then? I believe Dos has free wi-fi these days, and the Dos in south
Davis is near Office Max (for geeking out) and Common Grounds (for caffinating),
which also has free wi-fi. Davis Creamer (ice cream shop) is also right there
(for dessert'ing).

-bill!
"Linux Coyotes?" Wah wah waaah