2009 Feb 24 22:06

Re: [vox] Dual Head Kiosk (of sorts)

On 2/24/2009 8:45 PM, John McDonnell wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> I think I remember there being some discussion on here at some point
> about kiosk mode. I have managed to convince my boss that it's a good
> idea to use Linux in place of Windows for one of our products -
> basically a browser running full screen showing pages for information
> display. Now comes the tough part - making it happen. What it needs to
> do is boot up to a pair of full screen browsers showing preset pages.
>
> My question for you, dear vox, is whether this seems straightforward
> or if I'm in for a world of hurt.
>
> Thanks,
>
> john.
http://webconverger.com/ Is possibly what you're looking for. It comes
pretty standard, but if you're handy with linux, you can make your own
token few settings changes necessary to whatever you're doing.

--
Jacob Taylor
thermite.no-ip.info

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion.
You must set yourself on fire.
~Arnold H. Glasow