2009 Feb 11 11:19

Re: [vox] Few topics from a new fellow..

Baptiste wrote:

> Then, since I came as light as I could, one of the first thing I need to do
> is to buy a laptop - to take notes in class and use extensively internet and
> skype, mainly.
> I'd like it small, light, cheap (rather with hardware driver though), and
> with ubuntu (yes, I don't want to spend my days with debian..) and windows
> xp (pirat).
>
> - do you know the best places around to find that kind of thing? Maybe on
> internet. Maybe a place where they sell hardware without operating system..
> Or a good way to get used pc, but in shape.
> - do you know where I could meet you guys - e.g. to get this windows xp, and
> other issues that will come with this new machine.
>
> Thank you for all these inforamtion.
> & see you soon!
>
> baptiste

Take a look at www.zareason.com they are a local retailer in linux based
laptops and I've been very happy with mine.

If you just want something cheap and you're going to toss on linux
yourself take a peek at
www.newegg.com and www.tigerdirect.com
they won't come with linux probably but you can find some cheap
machines. Especially Lenovo thinkpads which are known to play well with
linux.

Alex