2009 Feb 10 18:45

Re: [vox] Few topics from a new fellow..

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

> Other bay area LUGs that I am (or have been) part of, at least in temrs of
> subscribing to their lists, include:
>
>  NBLUG.org  (north of San Francisco)
>  BALUG.org  (San Fran, which you tried)
>  SF-LUG.org (another San Fran one)
>  SVLUG.org  (south of San Francisco)
>  PENLUG.org (also south of San Francisco)

Of these, probably svlug is the best one for informative e-mail help.
The others all have mailing lists but those pretty much just have
information about upcoming meetings.

> You might want to check Rick Moen's "Bay Area Linux Events" site:
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/bale/

There's also the Google Calendar that you can see on the penlug.org
homepage, or import into your own Google account or other web-based
calendaring system, which I created at a time when the Moen BALE site
was rather out of date.  It looks like they've updated it, but I still
prefer the Google Calendar interface and format.