January 6: Social gathering
2009 Feb 08 00:06

Re: [vox] Windows 7 KDE 4

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 06:09:00PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> I can't do all that fancy stuff on KDE4.x.  Given the discussion here lately
> about KDE 4.x, why don't we have a LUGOD meeting where Bill demonstrates KDE
> 4.2? (Or have we already had such a meeting?)

My KDE wasn't doing a lot of the fancy stuff until one day I decided
to figure out how to get my S-video port on my laptop to work.  I
ended up switching from a generic video driver in X to thew
appropriate one ('intel') and magically, the next time I went into
KDE, it was doing all of the compositing effects.

It really does seem to Just Work(tm) if it can, otherwise it
degrades gracefully.