2009 Feb 02 21:28

Re: [vox] Amarok 2.x - should I upgrade?

On Monday 02 February 2009 23:31:14 Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 03:05:59PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> So really, I feel the core tech under the hood improving quite a
> bit. And as with KDE of the past, I'm seeing that they're opening
> up the options so one can make their desktop do things (and look)
> exactly the way they want.

Yes.  Reminds me of previously released new versions of KDE.  Versions
0.99, 2.xx, 3.xx.  Things were a bit strange at first and then some
sort of miracle took place later on.

> But I do agree... KDE 4 had a bumpy start. :(  I'm liking 4.2 a
> lot, though.

Hmmm... I'm not quite at the convinced stage yet :)  But, I think I
might get there eventually.  I'm fortunate in that this weekend I get
to meet the KDE team yet again at Fosdem....

http://www.fosdem.org/2009/

Yes, there is a lot of beer and laughter but there is also a lot of
serious discussion about what should happen with all kinds of software
as well as KDE and Gnome.  I'm sure that we can get to where it's at
eventually.  KDE 3 is such a good example of how a team of people can
reach an end point to an R & D project after a long argument and
discussion.  Shows you what can happen if you just use your head a
bit.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk