2009 Jan 29 12:41

Re: [vox] Does Anybody Like KDE 4.x?

> Personally, I stuck with 3.5.10, which means I'm still using
> Kubuntu 8.04 (which is fortunately an LTS version). It's stable,
> I've been using 3.5.x for quite awhile and I'm used to it. I think
> one of Kubuntu's dumbest moves was swapping out KDE 3.5 for KDE 4
> in 8.10.

I use Ubuntu 8.10 on my workstation with KDE installed with 'apt-get
install kde kdm'.  I still prefer 3.5.10 but this morning I upgraded
to KDE 4.2.  It is much more stable and much more usable.  However,
the big improvements that have arrived since the 4.0 release will
probably improve further when KDE 4.3 comes along.

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org.uk