2009 Jan 14 23:08

Re: [vox] "Had to drop out of college" because of Linux laptop

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:07:22PM -0800, Scott Miller wrote:
> Ok so in case you haven't seen this yet:
>
> http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9667184&nav=menu1362_2

Oy.  The stickshift-vs-automatic comment made me laugh.

OTOH - perhaps someone who hadn't heard of Linux or the fact that Dell sells
Linux-loaded laptops has come across this story and learned the good news.

Additionally, it sounds like the online courses have said they'll accept
her work in "whatever format", which is good to hear.  And Verizon is going
to make sure she can get on the internetz.

Of course... what if she had bought a Mac?  *dunn dunn DUNN*