2009 Jan 14 11:06

Re: [vox] Installing Debian unstable

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:05:35AM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> When you install Debian unstable these days, do you still have to change
> the sources.list or is there an installer now?

If you choose expert mode you can choose what release you want to
install, including unstable, although I have a weird suspicion
that you maybe still have to choose testing and then upgrade to
unstable. I don't know because the last one I did I just chose
testing. Usually I add the unstable and experimental releases to
my sources.list and make testing my default release so if there
is a version I want in unstable and I can download it and
whatever else it needs in unstable and then once the versions in
testing get ahead of that I go back to testing automatically.
Nick