2009 Jan 10 01:46

Re: [vox] Members needed for Aggie article

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Brian Lavender wrote:

> Isn't there some sort of rivalry between Sac State and UCD? Isn't that
> why they created the causeway? :)

You must be thinking of the Causeway Classic football game (and other
sports too, but primarily the football game):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causeway_Classic

I'm not sure how much of a rivalry that was though. I don't recall being
maligned at the Sac State library when I went over there to access books
that Davis didn't have.

Other than that, the only purpose of the causeway that I could see when I
was still at UCD was to create long traffic jams in Davis on Friday as
everyone from the Bay Area tried to make it to the mountains, Tahoe or
Reno. Likewise, similar traffic jams emerged in West Sacramento on Sunday
evenings as everyone tried to make it home for work on Monday.

Melissa