[vox] opinions of linux hosting sites?

Anyone have opinions of the various linux-ish hosting sites out there?
They all seem to have semi-annoying-weird terms of service (unlimited
disk space but only 40Mb of images?  what???).  Many of them seem to
want to force you to use their DNS servers (I don't, because I want to
offer additional records including DNSSEC records).  Some sound great
(thinkhost is entirely green-energy based but I've read a number of
negative reviews of them).  I'd love to do something local, even with my
own machine hosted on a higher-bandwidth link but those options seem to
be way too expensive.  argg....